Grass seeders are an effective way of consistently spreading seed over a large area, plus you don’t want to get your hands all over raw seeds. There are some great products on the market as well as a few lemons. Our team of lawn care experts did the hard work and came up with a list of our 10 favorite grass seeders for your home or property.
Best Grass Seeders – List of Top 5
- Spot Spreader Hand Shaker
- Solo 421 Chest-Mount Spreader
- Scotts Turf Builder EdgeGuard Mini Spreader
- Scotts Turf Builder Classic Drop Spreader
- Agri-Fab Push Spreader
- Strong * Durable * Easy to Use * Simply Pour Your Materials from the Larger Bag into the Screw Top Container and Spread as Much as You Like
- Perfect For Pouring Large Salt & Seed Bags in the Spot Spreader * Efficient Use * Lightweight * Stores Easily with Strong Handle
- No More Over Spray and Wasted Salt/Seed/Fertilizer * No More Stray Grass from Crank Spreaders * Easy to Salt Driveways & Walkways
- Multiple Adjustable Openings for Use of Any Material You Need * Large Version * Up To 80oz
- Lifetime * No Questions Asked Money Back * Enjoy One Today! ! !
- Fingertip levers control direction and volume
- Fully enclosed gearbox-driven agitator is corrosion resistant
- Large opening allows easy filling and cleaning
- 20 lbs Capacity hopper with cap protects operator from chemicals and Dust
- Comfortable cross-shoulder strap
- IDEAL SPREADER - Useful year-round for lawn, garden and de-ice walkways.
- ADJUSTABLE HOLE SIZE LID - Designed to handle a large range of granule sizes and closes completely to prevent spillage when not in use. BONUS spare lid included.
- HEAVY DUTY - Made from durable plastic with flexible handle for comfort and ease of use.
- EASY FILL - With wide mouth and graduated sides.
- PERFECT SIZE - Holds 75Oz and measures 11"x5"x3.5".
- Scotts Turf Builder Mini walk-behind broadcast spreader features Scotts exclusive EdgeGuard Technology to keep product off landscaping, driveways, and sidewalks
- Designed to deliver superior results when used with Scotts fertilizer and grass seed products; can be used for salting--for best results use with Scotts Ice Melt
- Comes pre-calibrated and fully assembled with fold-down handle for easy storage
- Ideal for treating smaller areas, and its compact design allows for easy storage
- Holds up to 5, 000 sq. ft. of Scotts lawn products
- Large capacity hopper holds up to 10, 000 sq. ft. of Scotts lawn product, including grass seed and fertilizer
- Heavy-duty frame for optimum stability
- 22-inch spread pattern delivers maximum coverage and accuracy
- Fully assembled
- Ready to use and pre-calibrated
- Commercial Crank Spreader. Rollers And Spreaders
- Manufacturer: EARTHWAY PRODUCTS INC P
- Manufacturer part number: 3100
- Rustproof poly hopper
- Solid rod gate control
- Enclosed taper and bevel gear box. Assembled Product Dimension (L x W x H)- 48.0 x 27.1 x 33.6 Inch
- Pneumatic tires
- Optional Pro Kit with sheild available
- Great for small yards
- Rustproof spreader comes fully assembled
- Great for applying seed, ice melt or other products on small areas
- Ergonomically designed, reduces wrist fatigue
- Holds up to 1,000 sq. ft of Scotts lawn products
- 20 lb capacity
- The screw on cap prevents spills and controls dust.
- The ultra-violet resistant, high-density polyethylene tank insures longer life and durability.
- A padded cross should strap for added comfort is included.
- A built-in shield prevents excess coverage.
How We Pick
Curious about how we make our list of grass seeders?
- Can you put grass seed on top of an existing lawn?
- Can you overseed without aerating?
- How do you power a grass seed?
Finding these answers alone (without our expert help) can be rough. Luckily we made an easy to understand list of the top 10 grass seeders to help you pick the right one.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you put grass seed on top of an existing lawn?
Yes. Putting down additional seed can fill in the holes and grow even thicker grass.
How do you power a grass seed?
Many smaller models are push powered but larger ones use gasoline or electricity from an extension cord.
Can you overseed without aerating?
Yes. It will make your lawn grow thicker, fuller grass.
How do you overseed a lawn with weeds?
Yes, but we recommend removing the weeds in order to have the best results and grass growth.Can you put grass seed on top of an existing lawn?