The garden is one of those places where you can really get your hands dirty. It’s a place to grow, harvest, and enjoy the fruits of your labor. There are many quotes, slogans and sayings about gardening that can guide you to inner peace and the perfect garden!
What are some of the most inspirational gardening quotes of 2024? Read on for a few quotes that will surely make you laugh and inspire you to get out there and plant something!
Quotes, Slogans and Sayings
- “The garden is a place of hope and faith.”
- “We are all gardening, every day, whether we know it or not.”
- “I have always had a great love for flowers and gardens.”
- “A garden is the best way to teach children about nature.”
- “It’s like gardening in your own backyard – you’re able to grow what you want without being told that it won’t work here or there.”
- “Gardens make people happy!”
- “If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.” – Cicero
- “The flowers that bloom in the spring are the jewels of autumn.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “There is no other way to understand nature than by going into it with all your senses wide open.” – John Muir
- “It’s not just about having green thumbs or being able to identify plants; gardening is also about understanding how they interact with their environment” – Michelle Obama
- “Gardening should be fun! It’s one of life’s great pleasures!” – Christopher Lloyd
- “A garden can tell us so much more than any history book ever could” – Alice Walker
- Remember that children, marriages, and flower gardens reflect the kind of care they get. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- We must cultivate our own garden. When man was put in the garden of Eden he was put there so that he should work, which proves that man was not born to rest. – Voltaire
- Gardens are not made by singing ‘Oh, how beautiful,’ and sitting in the shade. – Rudyard Kipling
- God Almighty first planted a garden. And indeed, it is the purest of human pleasures. – Francis Bacon
- The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable living from a small piece of land. – Abraham Lincoln
- A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. – Ancient Greek Saying
- Garden as though you will live forever. – William Kent
- My garden is my most beautiful masterpiece. – Claude Monet
What are some of the most inspirational gardening quotes? Read on for a few quotes that will surely make you laugh and inspire you to get out there and plant something!